Saturday, July 4, 2015

A funny thing was on the wall in the CONvergence gaming floor

All you GURPSketeers know this image, right?


Y'know, a satirical take on just how many frigging GURPS books there are.

Well, this weekend, I'm at CONvergence, a Minneapolis sci-if con, though I'm only into meeting old friends and playing elf games with funny dice. And on the 22nd floor, I can do the latter, though it's mostly Pathfinder. Anyways, they have a wall of honor, wherein are the pictures of the founders of the gaming hobby. On it are Gary Gygax, Dave Arneson (say, if you were living, I made it early to the con today, so I totally could have helped you sell those items, including that demi-human sex book), Richard Garfield (Magic: the Gathering, IIRC), and some Japanese fellow who apparently has something to do with Nintendo games. Anyways, Evil Stevie is on the wall, right after Dave but before Richard Garfield. There are pictures of their works of art under their faces, and … well, let me post the snapshot I took:


That's right. Right there, in the bottom right, is the satirical Photoshopped image of endless GURPS books, credited to being part of Steve Jackson's body of work. Next thing you know, Bert will be in an image with Jackson.


No comments:

Post a Comment