Friday, March 3, 2017

Real life

A quick note. Right now, I am having trouble casting Dispel Real Life so I can get on with my blog writing. Specifically, there are two things:

  • I would have posted logs, but one of my players, Chris Lutgen (Caleb and Mayhem), has been having health issues so we haven't played, especially since we play at his dining table. We're talking nasty, life-changing health issues that have put him into a nursing home, at least for the moment.
  • I'm in grad school now, in addition to working full-time and being a husband and a father. And I hopefully will be running Dungeons & Dragons for one of my daughters and one or more of her friends soon, once the other father and I work out the plans.

I have been meaning to put up a review of Lairs & Encounters for Adventurer Conqueror King System. As should be clear, when I review, I make damn sure to go through everything.

Now, an aside. My master's program is in library and information science; since I'm a gamer, I'll have to play Conan the Librarian at some point. But anyways, I'm in a cataloging (er, "Organization of Knowledge") course at the moment, and am thinking of using my 100,000+ words of setting notes and hex entries as a project. So, if any of you have any ideas of what a markup language for RPG adventures and settings would have, I'd love to hear ideas. I'm thinking of NPCs/monsters, settlements, hexes, lairs, treasure/objects, traits, encounters, events, that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment